Southeast Asia’s big PV plans – 27 GW by 2025

PV markets in Southeast Asia have picked up over the past two years, driven by the astounding growth of Vietnam. Regional policies, combined with growing demand for renewable power in the manufacturing industry, will result in 27 GW of new PV installations across the region over the next five years, writes IHS Markit analyst Dharmendra Kumar. PV installations in these countries are driven by attractive feed-in tariffs, net energy metering, tariff-based auction mechanisms, and other incentives.

By the end of 2020, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia had installed 98% of the operational PV capacity in Southeast Asia. But Vietnam was the only country that continued to steadily install PV systems throughout 2020. About 76% of installations in Vietnam came from the rooftop segment, thanks to a looming FIT deadline. The remaining 24% were ground-mount projects under the feed-in tariff (FIT) 2 regime. Thailand and the Philippines are currently driven by rooftop installations up to 5 MW. In Malaysia, large-scale solar (LSS) projects have contributed to recent growth beyond rooftop systems. As emerging markets, Cambodia and Indonesia have also seen some development in large-scale projects.

Landpower solar also design various roof mounting solutions,like trapezoidal metal roof mounting system,standing seam metal roof mounting system,corrugated roof mounting system;Different countries and regions have different roof schemes, and we will specially design schemes according to the different characteristics of each country’s roof.Our engineers have been engaged in solar bracket design for 12 years, and they have rich design experience and can design relevant solutions based on the customer’s engineering information.

If you have related inquiry or more information you want to know,pls feel free to email us at

Spread the love
Scroll to Top